stockings were sewn

Some stockings were sewn and hung with great care (to temporarily, at least, distract me from our very untidy bookshelves).  The green and red ones, Jake’s and mine, I made last year (they were the prototypes for my tutorial).  This year I made Bea’s (also using my tutorial) from one of my old sweaters — one of the oldest articles of clothing I owned (since my high school days ordering from the Delia’s catalog!  I was a little amazed to learn that Delia’s still exists).  It was quite happy to take on new life as this stocking.  The flowers were an attempt to recreate the ones in this tutorial, but I don’t think I need to go into the atrociousness of my hand-sewing yet again.  Adeline’s was made with help from this tutorial, using the last unstained and un-holey bits of the blanket I used for the back of this quilt.  She loves the pom-pom holly berries.

I don’t know if I’ll be back in this space for a while, so a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s