You know how when you learn a new word, suddenly you start seeing it in everything you read? Or you buy a red Dodge Caravan, and suddenly everywhere you go you see another red Dodge Caravan.
In all likelihood that word or that type of car isn’t suddenly appearing more than before. It’s just that your radar is up now, so you are noticing that thing when previously you would have passed it by unthinkingly.
Well, I have been coming across a plethora of encouragement in the area of giving myself grace for imperfection. Surely it’s been there all this time, but I’m still surprised by all the inspiration I’ve found. I’m gathering the posts here because they complement each other so well, and so I can come back to them when I need them again (which I know I will).
- You don’t have to do/be everything just because someone else tells you to: When You Accidentally Listen to Stupid People
- Speaking of listening to voices you shouldn’t: “The confusion lies in the deception that began with Eve partaking of the shiny beautiful apple because someone told her that was best for her.” Excerpt from this post: When You Finally Give Up on Trying to Meet the Whole World’s Expectations.
- How to avoid the Comparison Game
- Fighting Insecurity: What if we all just cheered for each other?
- Speaking of cheering each other, here’s a post on Why We are Called to Encourage.
- I know I’m not alone in wanting to get this life right. And when we don’t, we all need a little (lot of ) grace.